Do you have no time to make a quick and easy meal for your family? Are you trying to find new recipes that you know your family will like? Well, I have found an amazing recipe that my entire family loved. I have a hard time finding good slow cooker recipes. I have a son who hates slow cooker meals. He prefers meals that are made either on the stove or in the oven. Since I work, I do not have time to make a nice dinner every night. I can only cook meals on the weekends.
I was shopping in Costo a week ago and came across Basil Pesto sauce in the refrigerated section. It looked good and I wanted to try it. I came home and immediately searched the internet for recipes to use with this sauce. There were so many varieties of recipes. I wanted something that was quick and didn’t require many ingredients. My goal was a slow cooker meal that is quick and easy to make in the morning before going to work. After searching Pinterest for recipes, I came up with an easy recipe of my own.
Please see below for the recipe. I did take a picture of what I used.
Slow Cooker Basil Pesto Chicken
- 4-5 frozen chicken breasts
- 1/2 jar of Kirkland Basil Pesto Sauce
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp of Season Salt to your taste
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- Slow Cooker
- Pam cooking spray (not pictured)
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Top chicken breasts with black pepper, Season Salt, and garlic powder.
- Top the seasoned chicken breasts with 1/2 jar of Basil Pesto Sauce.
- Close lid and set dial to low. Cook on low for 8-9 hours. If done, set dial to warm.
- Serve with Steamed rice and a salad.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did.