Are you looking for another recipe? Do you have chicken in the freezer and are trying to find different ways to cook it? Do you want a quick and easy recipe that you can fix and forget it? I think I found another wonderful recipe.
I have been on a quest to find new and different recipes for my family. I am tired of making the same old recipes. I also want to find recipes that are healthy and easy to make.
While watching a movie last night, I was searching Pinterest for a dinner idea. I wanted to find a recipe that I already had the ingredients for in my pantry. Since we were having a snowstorm, I wasn’t abe to go to the grocery store due to poor road conditions.
I found a recipe that just appeared on my Pinterest account. I was curious and intrigued. I selected the recipe and was sent to Cookies and Cups blog. As I read her blog from February 5, 2015, I knew I selected a good recipe. She mentioned many differerent ways you can make this.
For the recipe, I used 2 blocks of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, 5 chicken breasts, 2 packets of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix, ground pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes, Season Salt, and Pam Cooking Spray. The original recipe mentioned you can add back at the end. However, my family doesn’t like bacon so I left it out.
Feel free to adjust the recipe to your size of family and to taste.
I served this on small hoagie buns. We had french fries, sweet potato fries, brussel sprouts, fresh strawberries and cut up cucumber.
This recipe was a hit. My kids want me to make this again.
A special thanks to Cookie and Cups for the inspiration.
Slow Cooker “Crack Chicken”
- (2) 8 ounce blocks of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- (2) packets of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- (5) frozen chicken breasts
- Season Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Flakes
- Ground Pepper
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with Pam Cooking Spray
- Place 5 frozen chicken breasts in the slow cooker
- Season to taste the chicken breasts with Season Salt, Ground Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Flakes.
- Add 2 packets of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix over the chicken.
- Unwrap and add the blocks of cream cheese (Feel free to use the cream cheese you prefer).
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or High for 4 hours until the chicken is done.
- Shred the chicken and stir.
- Let it cook on low or on warm until you are ready to eat.
- Serve on hoagie buns, by itself, or over rice.